Booking terms and conditions
Holiday hous Malá Skála 61 (Mala-skala.eu) is a private owned holiday property.
We do not provide any additional services like breakfast, bike rental or any othe services whatsoever. For these services we kindly ask you to consult one of our partners like sundisk.cz, discovery.cz or hotel-skala.cz
The house is insured at https://www.allianz.cz/
We believe that comprehensive personal insurance is essential for a worry free stay during your holiday. We advise to insure at your local insurance company.
All risks that can be covered by the guests own insurance is not to be accounted for as ours.
Short Term Rental Terms
- Terms of the Agreement
1.1 These terms apply when the owner of a property (the “owner”), or the owner’s authorised manager or agent, offers to rent the property (“the Holiday House”) to a renter (the “renter”). Under this Agreement, the renter agrees to rent the Holiday House from the owner and the owner agrees to rent the Holiday House to the renter on the terms of this agreement (the “Agreement”).
- Bookings/Deposits/Cancellation of Bookings
! WE ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENTS VIA BANK TRANFER !
2.1 A booking is made when a renter contacts the owner of the Holiday House, the owner and renter agree to rent the Holiday House for the term for a price (the “rental”), and the renter pays a deposit. Confirmation of a booking will be provided to the renter once the deposit has been received by the owner.
2.2 At the time of booking the owner may set out terms and conditions in addition to those in this Agreement (“additional terms”) which may include, without limitation, terms relating to pets, tents, the number of people permitted to occupy the Holiday House, and additional fees or costs which apply to the booking. The renter agrees to comply with the additional terms, including any terms set out in the site listing for the Holiday House, as if they were set out in this Agreement.
2.3 Subject to the cancellation provisions of this Agreement, once a booking is confirmed in writing by the owner the renter is liable for the balance of the rental together with any extra costs or fees set out in the additional terms.
2.4 The renter must, to confirm a booking, pay the owner a deposit equal to either:
- 50% of the first week’s rental for the Holiday House, or
- 100% of the rental for the Holiday House if the booking request is made within 30 days of the proposed date of commencement of the term, or
- such other amount that the owner determines and advises the renter in writing.
2.5 A deposit, if less than the full amount of the rental, is in part payment of the full amount of rental that is due for renting the Holiday House for the term.
Payment of Rental
2.6 One week’s worth of the rental is to be paid by the renter not less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the term.
2.7 The balance of the rental, if any, is payable by the renter at or prior to the renter picking up the keys for the Holiday House.
Amendments and Cancellations
2.8 Any cancellation or amendment must be in writing.
2.9 The owner may refuse to amend a booking once it has been confirmed in writing and any amendment or transfer of deposit to another booking will be at the sole discretion of the owner.
2.10 The owner may cancel a booking by notice in writing if the renter fails to make any payment due under this Agreement when that payment is due.
2.11 If a renter cancels this Agreement more than 28 days prior to the commencement of the term the deposit shall be forfeited by the renter. The balance of the rental will not be payable.
2.12 If the renter cancels this Agreement fewer than 28 days prior to the commencement of the term the rental will remain payable by the renter.
2.13 If the owner cancels this Agreement at any time prior to the commencement of the term the owner will refund the renter any money paid prior to cancellation.
3. Damage and Bond
3.1 The renter is responsible to the owner for all breakage, damage and destruction to any property, direct and indirect costs, fines incurred, charges from third parties arising, and damage caused to the Holiday House (including any contents) during the term. The renter agrees to indemnify the owner against any losses or damages suffered by the owner as a consequence of the renter’s breach of its obligations under clause 3.1 and to immediately, on demand, reimburse the owner for all such costs.
3.2 If the term is more than 14 days the owner may request a bond of EUR 500.00 from the renter, to be held by the owner on trust until the end of the term. If a bond is held by the owner it shall not limit any liability of the renter under paragraph 3.1 above.
- Occupation of the Holiday House
4.1 The renter must not permit more people to occupy the Holiday House than the number stipulated by the owner in the booking confirmation or in the advertisement on the site.
4.2 The renter must not permit smoking in the Holiday House. Smoking may be permitted within the boundaries of the property provided the renter ensures that all associated rubbish is removed at the end of the term.
4.3 The owner may enter the property and the Holiday House at any time to inspect the property and Holiday House provided the owner gives the renter not less than 2 hours’ notice. Such notice shall be provided by phone and in writing.
4.4 The Holiday House will be available for occupation from 2.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure. The arrival and departure times may be varied by agreement between the owner and the renter in writing.
4.5 The owner must be provided with 48 hours’ notice of the requested arrival time of the renter so the owner may make arrangements in respect of the keys for the Holiday House.
4.5 The owner accepts no responsibility for any loss, or damage, to any of the renter’s personal belongings at the Holiday House.
- Additional Facilities Available in the Holiday House
5.1 If any additional facilities provided by the owner are used by the renter or the renter’s guests the renter uses those additional facilities at its sole risk.
- Limitation of Liability
6.1 The parties’ liability in respect of this Agreement shall be limited to the value of the rental and other associated charges agreed at the time of booking. In no circumstances will the owner be liable for any consequential damages of any nature, however arising and regardless of whether the owner has been notified of the risk of them.
6.2 The renter’s limitation of liability under clause 6.1 shall not apply to liability arising under clause 3.1 or clause 9 of this Agreement.
7.1 If the renter is not entirely satisfied with the Holiday House they must immediately contact the owner (or the owner’s representative).
7.2 In the unlikely event that a complaint of the renter is not addressed by the owner during the term, the renter may make their complaint, in writing, within 14 days after the end of the term.
8.1 Should any dispute arise between the owner and the renter which cannot be resolved by discussion between the parties, the matter shall be referred to an arbitrator agreed between the parties, or failing agreement, to an arbitrator appointed by an independant Arbitration Court. Any such arbitration is to be carried out in accordance with the provisions the Arbitration Act and all decisions will final and binding.
9.1 The renter undertakes that it will not do, permit to be done, or omit to do, any action that does or may invalidate or adversely affect any insurance policy held by the owner in respect of the Holiday House and/or its contents.
9.2 The renter agrees to indemnify the owner against any losses or damages suffered by the owner as a consequence of the renter’s breach of its obligations under clause 9.1.
10. Force Majeure
10.1 Neither party shall be liable to the other where such liability arises through a circumstance entirely outside the control of that party.
We have the following house rules
We kindly ask you to read the following house rules and to act accordingly.
1. 1. Please take into account other tenants and neighbours. We expect you to behave like a good tenant with respect of the others property. In general the owner is entitled to remove from the property everybody who is a nuisance or annoyance to other tenants or neighbours.
2. Please consider local customs and practices.
3. Please close and lock front door and back door at every departure and at night. Because other guests, do not leave the key in the lock!
4. Garden furniture: would you be so kind as to bring the cushions of the outdoor furniture evening in?
5. Barbecue in the garden is allowed. If you please not make a lot of smoke and / or noise.
6. Moving furniture and equipment is not allowed. Cost of Restoring will becharged to the tennant.
7. Changing settings on TV / DVD, etc. is not allowed. Cost of repair will be charged to the tenant.
8. Channels: there are many channels available.
9. Should it happen that, if damage occurs fault of your own, please address listed on the claim form? Costs will be deducted from your deposit. Damage to property through negligence is related to the main tenant.
10. Garbage: I like paper, glass and plastic separate delivery. Do you want to deposit other trash in the appropriate container at the front door?
11. In the absence apartment windows and doors shut.
12. No valuables (including MTB’s) leave unattended in the garden.
13. Cleaning is performed by Oostwaarts Ltd and is inclusive in the rent. You should have on departure “broom cleaned” the apartment. If the accommodation is not reasonably tidy will be an additional cleaning be charged.
14. If desired, you can turn up the position of the central heating unit Immergas. On departure, if you please put back to position 1.
15. Put all heating units on stand ZERO on departure.
16. In the kitchen both gas cooking as electrical cooking is possible. It may happen that the gas is temporarily not available. You will need to cook on electricity.
17. In case of emergency you can get in touch with us. Note that in many cases, your first point of contact for insurance or emergency service will be.
18. Handing keys on departure at the agreed place (see voucher). Costs of additional keys when lost are recovered from the tenant.
We hope you will enjoy your stay in Malá Skála and its beautiful surroundings.